For previous Project Status report, click here.
- Logo & Mascot
- GUIX Fully Designed
- Webservices Fully Developed (Not implemented to a live server yet)
- Login/Registration, Feed, Surprise, Notifications, Messages, Settings, Profile screens fully coded and functional for both iOS and Android
- Initial Camera screen issues were not resolved, and have bloated to a 2 week delay in development. So much trouble has it caused that we have had to re-design the original concept due to its ongoing incompatibility with newly developed devices to go with a simpler, albeit less aesthetic revision – yet this does increase its functionality in terms of ease of use, so maybe it won’t be a bad thing.
- Cannot acquire Skype or QQ API’s
- Stretch – some devices stretch the text, barely noticeable, but it is there, and it’s annoying! This is being debugged but I haven’t heard the progress of the debug yet.
- Not entirely an issue, but the advertising we had considered inserting into the application has been excluded entirely. So at this stage, the application will not in any way produce money or financial gain for itself which will detriment development initially unless/until/if it gains decent popularity/use. This decision was made for several factors, the most prevalent being that the advertising we would be forced to include is in my opinion too intrusive.
- Discover functions have been coded and work exceptionally, however the animation has yet to be included, so for a brief couple of seconds it gives the impression the application has frozen (when an animation should be played).
- Discover Features need to erase their geo-location results the moment it is closed to prevent misinformation.
- Registration with Android and Apple developer portal
- Source all relevant API’s for the best possible integration and cross-platform functionality and enhancement. *Currently we have: Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and a couple others that escape me at the moment.